FocusMe Release History
2016-07-12 | v4.0.1016.0
- OnReply moved an email from every folder, it should only automove emails from an Inbox. Now only moves an OnReply/Forward email when source email resides in any account's Inbox.
- Mileage dialog was updated with scaling factors - should help with devices such as the MS Surface device.
- Recurring appointments can be created from FME to SP. Still have an issue with SP web client being able to display a newly created recurring appointment from the Calendar view.
- Fixed many scaling issues, especially in the FocusMe pane and the metrics panel
- Added interruption ability in the updating process
- Shuts down background threads in the shutdown method
- Closes any open Windows in the shutdown method
- Fixed intermittent failure of 'checking off' a task in the FME pane and Project Windows.
- Fixed SharePoint Tasks or Appointments that change projects now move project sites.
- Fixed type mismatch in comparing previous values in the history.
- Fixed long wait for populating the device list on the 'My Account' dialog - locks up the dialog until completed. Now done off of the UI thread.
- Fixed problem XML parse when certain users try to authenticate with FocusSync for the first time.
- Fixed annoying 'Save this object' dialogs when shutting down Outlook - not really.
- Fixed LinkedIn connector and article parser
- Fixed Twitter credentials across profiles
- Fixed LinkedIn credentials across profiles
- Fixed screen placement of internal web browser window
- Fixed Contact Card showing all of the contact's tasks vs just the active tasks
- Fixed slow load times in Kanban Planner
- Fixed not highlighting Kanban planner column when dragging a card
- Fixed task status property not updating when changing from Not Started to In-Progress (visa versa) - % complete dictates the status
- Updated Options dialog to exit before processing an update check.
- Updated FocusMe pane so it can be turned off by default
- Fixed the ability to turn on/off the FocusMe Marketing message for delegated task and e-mail objects.
- Added a dynamic default contact image for contact cards where the contact's photo is missing from their record in the Default Contacts folder.
- Added Mark Task Complete button to FME pane.
- Updated items properties for tasks and appointments to use detailed dialog with change history (when turned on)
- Updated Recurrence pattern conversion SP <-> FME <- Outlook
- Enhanced 'IsDateNone' function to accommodate recurrence 'null' date
- Added Rate the App ability - to ask the customer to rate FocusMe on Capterra site
- Added Follow Up button to Mail compose UI
- Updated reference ID signatures for Follow up and delegated emails
- Added ability to turn on/off FocusMe reference ID signature
- Added Kanban Planner for Premier and higher licenses
- Added SharePoint user permissions to Connector
- Added ability to assign, reassign, and clear a project to/from multiple selected items
- Added ability to assign, reassign, and clear project assignments for multiple items when one is selected item and the view is in conversation mode.
- Added Referral dialog, so users can invite others to FocusMe and get referral credit
- Added Referral button to the Options dialog, Server tab, Customer Experience
- Added Conversation Manager - which launches when selecting a single mail item and using the "Open Conversation" menu item
- Added ability to drag an Outlook MailItem onto a FocusMe Task to link the mailItem to the TaskItem using the Reference ID, or to copy the MailItem into the TaskItem's attachments.
2016-03-09 | v4.0.1014.19
- Added better window tracking
- Fixed 'hanging' when filing a conversation when there are numerous emails to file. Moved the mail moves to an asynchronous thread. The rule creation method is also done asynchronously.
- Fixed 'waiting for Outlook' to sync issue - i.e. not updating the FocusMe data items until 5 minutes after Outlook start up for profiles connected to Exchange. The tool now knows when Outlook has sync'd for the first time - local database sync can be completed in a more timely manner.
- Updates Azure interface to accommodate Microsoft data errors.
- Fixed some projects not moving to the top of the project menu after they have been selected for the last assignment.
- Disabled progress updater window to see if that fixes the UI thread losing focus
- Fixed project menu inconsistencies - the FME project menu didn't always match the Outlook Ribbon project menu
- Fixed cascading refresh on the task pane's statistics - could freeze the UI thread, especially if many inspector windows have been opened and closed.
- Fixed Microsoft Azure continuation token query error (requires Filter parameter in subsequent continuation token calls).
- Fixed cross-thread error in Progress Monitor when rebuilding the database.
- Added log messages for Google Directions requests.
- Added more detail to performance logging upon Outlook startup
- Updated Explorer Tab to use correct case for Outlook 2016
- Added the Get Next Code button back into the Project Properties dialog.
- Fixed Check Updates on startup setting error
- Fixed missing Inbox or Sent folders where multiple accounts are used
- Updated labels on Mail Processor to show "loading…"
- Fixed a bug allowing the user to select a 'Destination' folder as a project folder. This causes that project to assume all emails in the Destination folder belong to that project.
- Fixed bug that would cause a move error when filing an email to a blank destination folder.
- Fixed moving an email when deferring to a task when the setting is off per the Email options.
- Tightened all of the 5D move mail settings in the email options dialog.
- Fixed multiple copies of an 'onReply' mail item created during the move.
- Added Complete and Cancel properties to BGWorker tracker
- Updated Outlook sync to delay in Outlook 2010 vs initiating its own sync cycle as it does in 2013 or 2016
- Added Ctrl-E catch in DataGridViewPlus control (initiates SearchRequest event)
- Added an analog clock
- Added new symbols to the Focus and Project image selections.
- Added Open Portal to Project Context Menu
- Added FileLogger to error handling methods - handles large error dumps
- Redesigned Data Rebuild process - includes a UI window to inform about progress.
- Redesigned the cross device tracking process.
- Added ability to see all projects when creating a new project via the project properties dialog.
- Updated task tracking by reference ID to allow both subject tags and body tags.
- Added Options check box to turn on/off subject tagging
- Added photos to Mail Processor
- Added 'Airplane Mode' setting to 'shut down' cloud calling services
- Added Print button to the ItemProperties dialog
- Added ability to auto-categorize an outgoing email using the originating emails Categories field. When Replying, ReplyAll or Forwarding an email message, the new message will have the same project assignment as the original email.
- Added ability to auto file an incoming email when replying or forwarding it. 5D - Do, On Reply (see email options via the Options dialog)
- Added 'Garbage Collection' to On Reply ability, i.e. so every mail message click is hooked for Reply
- Added new quotes to the witty engine.
- Added Search text box to All Projects dialog.
- Added Search button to FocusMe Pane for Task lists
2015-07-29 | v4.0.1013.26
- Fixed HTML Parser not finding a tag that had tags embedded in it.
- Pushed MessageTranslator into an Asynchronous call versus inline - stops interrupting user thread.
- Updated the Ceptara Scripting Language (CSL) engine
- Added RadialMenu abstraction tools (i.e. can port Radial menus between applications)
- Restored Twitter service connection
- Updated Stripe.net service connection
- Completed SharePoint Console settings - prep'ing for object synchronizing
- Fixed SharePoint reset not including 'completed' tasks when deleting all of the local objects.
- Fixed SharePoint sync not waiting for local database to Outlook sync.
- Fixed Date errors in SharePoint sync - completed didn't transfer, no start dates without due dates, and no due dates before start dates.
- Fixed 'rattle' between SP and Outlook via the local database. An item could update in perpetuity.
- Fixed inability to change SP and see update in Outlook.
- Fixed multiple PCs sync'ing SP to LDB to Outlook duplicating items on the 'other' PC.
- Added 'checking' for possible race collections between Exchange and FocusSync or SharePoint. Final scenario for when two (or more) PCs are sync'ing between Exchange and FocusSync or SharePoint or Both.
- Fixed miss-counting past due tasks based on a bug introduced with SP additions.
- Fixed incorrect ObjectID assignment when connecting a SP task with a Local/Outlook task. The item referenceID and the SP Item ObjectID should match.
- Fixed possible deletion when sync'ing two or more PCs to a SharePoint list.
- Ability to invite any user to a SharePoint project started
- SharePoint project invitation created
- Added user state to ContactInfo dialog - that is the state the user is in within a specific project, e.g. Linked, Invited, Uninvited, Subscribed, etc.
- Incorporated SharePoint user's identity into connector to uniquely identify the current user on SharePoint - used when Outlook objects (i.e. tasks) are sync'd with SharePoint, that way the objects show up for the user when viewed in SharePoint.
- Added ability to retrieve tasks from SharePoint that are assigned to the user and those tasks the user is subscribed to.
- Tasks are not added to Outlook (in Outlook sync) if the user doesn't have at least 'modify' privileges. All tasks that have read only access are available thru the FocusMe UI only.
- Added ability to open the folder where attachments are saved after email attachments are saved to a project's folder.
- Added asynchronous immediate SharePoint sync via the SharePoint console.
- Added ability to reset the sync relationship between FocusMe and SharePoint.
- Added ability to authenticate a user for a SharePoint Online / Office365 SharePoint site where the user has been invited to a SharePoint site and they are not part of the hosted site's account / domain. This allows SP Online subscribers to invite people outside of their organizations to collaborate on projects while using FocusMe to interface with shared tasks and other project objects.
- Added refresh Master Project List button to SharePoint console.
- Completed SharePoint task sync methods.
- Enabled SharePoint Project Sync objects - can turn on/off specific sync'ing collections for projects that use SharePoint as its service provider.
- Added more error checking to project SharePoint lists.
- Updated scheduler so SharePoint can be scheduled to sync in the background automatically.
- Added Master Category List (MCL) Repair utility
- Added GetItemsAsync to SharePoint client
- Added different color for tasks that are high priority
- Added ability to categorize incoming emails that are part of a conversation so that they are assigned the project selected when filing the current conversation. Optionally, future emails within that conversation can be automatically filed.
2015-05-05 | v4.0.1013.19
- Fixed OneNote hieararchy not refreshing - if a new page or task is added to OneNote, FocusMe doesn't see the new information until Outlook is restarted.
- Update SharePoint settings to 'set' the project's URL replacement character
- Fixed 'waiting' on tasks, email and appointments to refresh in the task pane, jobs are now asynchronous. Outlook start-up time should be quicker.
- Fixed incorrect work units in the Scheduler (representing minutes as hours)
- Added ability to assign multiple selected emails to a specific project using the ribbon button.
- Added ability to create and import templates for projects (that is WBS - work breakdown structures).
2015-03-26 | v4.0.1013.15
Fixed Twitter connector - lost connection due to a reference conflict
Updated wizard to aid users in deciding to migrate the Organizer (old) data.
Failed to "copy local" all of the DotNetBar.dlls
Fixed Troubleshooting help topic (errant characters)
When two or more PCs are running FocusMe and Exchange, all but one of the devices would properly sync the Outlook items with the local database (seen via the FocusMe user interface). The sync methods have been updated to assure sync'ing happens properly on all devices.
Updated OneNote connector - should be a bit faster.
Fixed task pane not rendering the bottom buttons reliably.
Added de-duplication routine to clean up an duplicate ActionEvents in the Scheduler. Runs when the user puts the application into Trace Mode.
Changed the check for update method at startup to an asynchronous call - should help Outlook start faster.
Updated chart creation and statistics refresh in the task pane to cancel "in process" requests. Will stop the task pane refresh 'pile-up' which slows down the UI thread.
Updated 2010 explorer ribbon to include 2013 ribbon feature: multi-select "File in Project"
Updated startup method to do more asynchronous calls - reduced the amount of time Outlook was waiting for FocusMe to start.
Added search to the Help window
Added workspace discussion to Help
Added help content under the Review section.
Updated Help System to post on ceptara.com
Added Task Info and Related Messages to MailItem context menu.
Added Task Info and Sender Info to MailItem ribbon menu.
Added more symbols to the Project and Focus symbol menus
Updated help content with purchase instructions
Added Task Mind Map to Open Project window.
Updated Help to cover Mind Map abilities. Augmented other Open Project help topics.
Automatically positions the undocked task pane to its last location upon startup.
Added graph paper background to mind map.
Added features to SharePoint console
Added ability to have a 'default' list view on the Task Pane
Updated project menu list so last assigned project is first, if any projects are marked as "Top of Mind" they are added next, the remaining project entries are ordered according to the usage index (combination of the # of assignments and the date of the last assignment).
Added ability to multi-select Outlook items and file them into a project.
2015-01-03 | v4.0.1013.3
- Added ability to attach files to error reports.
- Updated Help system with Troubleshooting and Tuning suggestions
- Added Feedback button to Help System window
- Added ability to catch up on license updates without needing to manually initiate the request - any license changes are polled and show up in the Options dialog and task pane status bar (~15 minutes after license updates at the service level).
- Added Metrics Panel to TaskPane - can now see more than six metrics when the task pane is resized. Can change the dashboard view to enable/disable micro charts and enable/disable metric labels.
- Added Outlook shortcuts to undocked task pane, e.g. Ctrl-Shift-K for a new Task, etc.
- Added Related Messages button when reading an email via the Inspector window.
- Added 'Set Reminder' button to contact information card.
- Updated 'auto-sizing' for the data grid within the 'SenderInfo' window.
- Added an option to enable/disable Outlook's 'Assign Task' feature.
- Added animated tray icon
- Added 'loading window' to account and shopping buttons on the main explorer ribbon.
- Added additional Windows version information to error report
- Implemented 'Delegate' button on the Task object. Currently supports delegation via email. FocusSync and SharePoint sharing are in progress.
- Add 'Delegate' button to the Contact Information dialog.
- Polished the 'Delegate via Email' UI - more informative helper dialogs.
- Turned on Shopping and ability to purchase the application
- Updated auto formatting in the data grid views on the task pane and project window.
- Added new code signing certificate
- Replaced MapQuest service with Google Directions service for calculating distances and inserting directions in mileage tracking UI.
- Fixed reserved character used in PartitionKey - some countries could not create a relationship with FocusSync based on their culture code.
- Fixed 'losing body text' when creating a new Task, e.g. via the Defer action when processing emails.
- Updated fix for '&' character appearing in the name of a project, could cause the ribbon project menu to present an empty menu.
- Adding the ability to track tasks that are marked as follow-up. Now show up on the Contact Information dialog.
- Fixed to the Save To Folder dialog - now can add a new OS Folder link while saving an item so a new folder can be linked or an existing folder can be updated.
- Fixed task editing in the Project window. Can now edit the title (subject) and mark the task complete in the data grid view.
- Added updating information to error report.
- Fixed Task scheduler to properly recognize dates from cultures that use a different date format than the US. Also added opening the appointment item for user review prior to saving the appointment and updating the Task.
- Fixed label on License button on the Options dialog.
- Fixed label on External Services options to include supported services.
- Fixed Miles versus Kilometers label on travel calculator - KM wasn't presented even though it was selected in the Options.
- Added tracing to FocusSync userCreate function via the RunOnce wizard and the ConnectToFocusSync dialog.
- Fixed adding a duplicate license to the Database causing the user to need to rebuild their local cache if they import their license more than once.
- Fixed duplicate licenses during import
- Fixed Feedback form not displaying added attachments
- Lowered Scheduler thread priority to 'BelowNormal' - should result in less performance impacts on Outlook 2010.
- Disabled Project button when multiple emails are selected.
- Fixed loss of Project button content when multiple items are selected
- Fixed query issue from FS service if user names a project or folder that contains a reserved word.
- Fixed license being 'lost' upon startup.
- Fixed 'DeletedDate' property being overwritten causing license duplication at the client.
- Fixed Migration confusion in Welcome wizard - will only ask if the migration from Organizer has not already occurred.
- Fixed Sender Info delivering unpredictable results when using an Exchange account. Now finds an Exchange user's SMTP address and Exchange address regardless of which one was selected.
- Fixed conversations within a project. When selecting a Team member via the Project window, only the conversations tagged to the project with that person will be show in the Conversation list. All conversations with a person can be seen by selecting the 'Info' menu item when right clicking on the person.
- Fixed an issue with ampersands in project names - the issue caused the Project button on the ribbon to present an empty project list.
- Connected Feedback form to Connect to FocusSync dialog - so users can send an error report if they're having difficulty activating their license.
- Enabled users to set default network timeout - can help to lengthen the response wait times in areas that have slower network connections.
- Fixed not being able to select additional task folders in the Options dialog.
- Fixed limitation regarding size of download from Azure service - now supports paginations for table queries.
- Fixed automatically creating project folders under the 'My Organizer' path when no path is set by the user.
- Fixed authentication failing when a username or password contains a reserved URI character.
- Fixed creating a new meeting with a contact via the contact information card. In some cases, 'nothing' would happen when the button was selected.
- Fixed 'Set Reminder' for a contact not linking the task to the contact.
- Fixed Task Pane 'not showing' projects that have no Workspace assigned when 'Use Workspaces' is enabled.
- Fixed OneNote synchronization interval, user was unable to change the setting due to a bug in the scheduler.
- Fixed Outlook 2010 crashing on defer. An Outlook property (instance.RTFBody) was causing a memory protection error in 2010 that wasn't present in 2013. A race condition occurred between Outlook and FocusMe trying to save the Task's body property at the same time.
2014-07-11 | v4.0.1011.15
- Added Message object UI
- Added ability to turn on/off local data metrics capture job and adjust its capture interval.
- Added ability to modify the Outlook synchronization (to/from the local database) interval - defaults to one minute.
- Added ability to invite users to a SharePoint project.
- Added Help button to Task Pane window (when undocked)
- Added MeetingStatus assignment to FME Appointment Fill, could lose a meeting setting between Outlook and the local cache
- Fixed possible crash when opening an 'Read-Only' project. Infinite loop in the Tablet Project Window.
2014-06-14 | v4.0.1011.13
- Added 'Sender Info' to right click context menu to mailItems - Shows a contact centric dialog that articulates the contact's requested tasks, conversations they've contributed and projects they are linked to.
- Added ShareVia Email automatically linking the recipient to the specified project
Completed project multi-assignment for contacts
- Added controls to project UI for managing contacts / team members for each project
- Updated wizard kick-off for build level changes and higher versus every change
- Built out Contact context menu for internal and Outlook hooks
- Added async operation to the launch of the contact info dialog.
- Added schedule a meeting logic to ContactInfo dialog/control
- Added ContactInfo to right click contact context menu
- Added Delete Contact to right click contact context menu
- Added Create OneNote to ContactInfo dialog/control
- Added the Help System (content ~40% complete)
- Revised the left pane of the Open Project window.
- Added Help for the Open Project revisions to the Help System.
- Added the Help button to the All Projects window
- Made the "All Projects" dialog resizable.
- Added Gantt chart to Tasks Tab in the Open Project window.
- Started incorporation of MindMap into Task Management
- Added "Related Messages" to Outlook TaskItem context menu
- Updated ShareVia Email logic - can execute from an email and a contact.
- Built out ContactItem context menu
- Added more help regarding 'Delegating' using email.
- Updated Mini-Task to do countdown timing
- Added random generation of a project color when New
- Added 'Create sub-task' context menu item to the task object
- Added Priority selection to Task context menu
- Added 'Ignore conversation' to File Conversation
- Hooked SharePoint Console for SharePoint connector
- Added ability to get/set SharePoint settings for SP projects on any device.
- Updated SharePoint Management UI to get/set SP settings for a SP project.
- Updated SharePoint Console UI to query the root site's Master Project List.
- Updated 'Sender Info' form to include conversations where the 'sender' is a recipient of an email or the sender.
- Added 'File in Project' right click context menu to processing mail items
- Updated the updating service to account for the "command line" errors.
- Fixed "asking to save" error when opening an existing Outlook item.
- Re-inserted the default license reminder status line
- Fixed Outlook item not updating after save - "hostage item"
- Fixed 'missed' Outlook syncs due to Unix Time conversion error
- Fixed ShareVia email not assigning the task to status 'Waiting'
- Fixed ChartViewer crashing (infinite refresh loop)
- Conversion error for missing port number when specifying a proxy without an address
- Missing dates in ChartViewer
- Default date in TaskCard showing up - should be empty.
- Fixed ReportedDurationHrs not using the Timecard interval in the Timecard records export.
- Fixed the CSV translation algorithm to account for fields with embedded commas
- Added 'no duplicates' check for adding records to the FocusSync service.
- Fixed having to save an existing email message when assigning a project
- Update save item logic to avoid duplicate items (e.g. tasks, appointments) when "not saving" the item.
- Repaired Clean Cache routine - was using Library cache rather than application cache
- Fixed Help System not deleting its previous installation
- Updated Task Pane grid view to clean up scroll bar issues.
- Fixed Outlook Project MCL migration to assure all emails in the archive folder are migrated to the new category.
- Moved MCL migration to process as a background thread.
- Moved Help files to a separate deployment file to manage 'large' download files.
- Shortened the load time for the Project Properties dialog.
- Updated Bitly API
- Fixed Sub-Tasks not being added to the GridView in the Project Form task list
- Updated Address stack in Mileage Calculator so most recent selected or used address is moved to the top of the selection list.
- Updated SharePoint client to change root site for any selected SP asset.
- Added trace logic to Azure Restful calls
- Added trace logic to ribbon menu XML generation
2014-03-16 | v4.0.1011.1
- Begun project multi-assignment for contacts
- "All Projects" dialog remembers last GroupBy Workspaces setting
- Fixed Roles not populating from the service to the local database
- Removed DotNetBar.Layout DLL from the build (not used and not copied locally) - caused an installation error.
- Removed 'DoEvents' calls - should clean up shutdown crashes.
- Fixed duplicated task creation when creating new tasks via the Project Form
- Fixed DueDate bug: 'None' appeared to be 'overdue'
- Fixed the empty task creation bug: when creating a new task, and then assigning a project saved a task with an empty subject. Now warns the user to save the task before trying to assign the task to a project or focus.
- Fixed deleting a parent task that can 'strand' its sub-tasks. Added a warning to the user, and removing the parent of the stranded sub-tasks, when its parent is deleted.
Previous Releases (Newest to Oldest)
2014-03-12 | v4.0.1010
- Added the ability to assign a billing rate to a project
- Added Billing charts based on assigning an hourly billing rate within a project.
- Added Document Navigator control to Project UI
- Added tagged emails concerning specific tasks to the Tasks tab in the Project UI
- Added custom task pane to any 'new' Explorer window (can have multiple task panes)
- Expanded the Mail Manager right-click context menu
- Added Task Request button to the Mail Compose window - can now create a 'tracking task' for a specified email (and resulting conversation)
- Started Delegate logic
- Started a SharePoint connector
- Added OneNote Navigator control to the Project UI
- Added MouseOver highlighting to the DataGridViewPlus and ListViewPlus controls (seen in the Project UI)
- Added the ability to manage 'roles' and to assign a role to an appointment.
- Added ability to assign a default role to a project.
- Added ability for SharePoint client to automatically create a project sub-site with its respective lists for tracking the project artifacts, e.g. Tasks, Calendar, Documents
- Updated timecard dialog to pivot on Role.
- Updated timecard export records function to include Role as a field. Additionally, added WeekEndingDate and DurationHrs to the export.
- Updated email 'Delegate' button to share via email for Pro and Premier versions - Premier will be able to share via FocusSync and SharePoint when the beta is complete.
- Added UpdatingService, so user can decide if they want an update.
- Completed Role implementation, now sync's with FocusSync
- Changed the Project Open dialog to the Tablet UI by default
- Fixed sorting for Tasks 'special filters', e.g. when showing Daily Tasks, list is now sorted by DueDate automatically.
- Fixed 'delay' in presenting the custom task pane - could make Outlook seem like it was hung.
- Fixed Custom Task Pane confusion - sometimes FocusMe Pane menu would be empty, or the taskpane wouldn't be visible in the main explorer window.
- Fixed missing 'default' role assignments when grouping by Role in the Timecard.
- Fixed the Role Item UI starting in a 'strange' place - moved it to "Center Parent"
- Fixed email settings not 'sticking' after the Start Wizard runs.
- Added images to the Timecard GroupBy buttons
- Added a few screen and super tips to the Ribbon buttons (email ribbon)
- Tightened Outlook Inspector event management (better catching of saved items)
- Fixed Refresh task pane call - now refreshes all panes
Stay informed about our latest products and updates!