According to Nationwide Insurance, automotive crashes cost society $230 Billion each year.
The No.1 source of driver inattention is use of a wireless device. Driving while distracted is a factor in 25 percent of police reported crashes. Driving while using a cell phone reduces the amount of brain activity associated with driving by 37 percent. 
How many times have your found yourself driving and suddenly remembered that you needed to do something? What do you do?
Throughout the novel the author uses subtle devices to help Alex reach cathartic moments to breakthrough seemingly insurmountable roadblocks.
Few books find an audience in their initial printing and even fewer get a first revision. Dr. Eliyahu M. Goldratt’s novel “The Goal” is well into its 3rd revision and has sold over 2 million copies.
Harley Davidson has lost its focus on quality as evidenced by our most recent bike trip and by dozens of others expressing their opinions about HD motorcycles. That hasn't seemed to impact HD's business momentum in large part due to the success of their marketing strategy and brand image. But will it be enough? I know I won't ever own a Harley, at least not until they clean up their quality issues.
I've had enough, I'm divorcing my e-mail notifications. You get them from your computer, you get them on your phone, everytime I start my browser (and if you have your homepage set to one of those 'I can solve all of your problems just join my website' services), there it is, the notification staring at me, expecting me to do something about it.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) improves the reliability of your system and helps avoid unexpected costs.
- Can be performed anytime but ideally should be performed during initial design.
- FMEA is a rigorous structured approach to identify potential system failures.
- Managing complex system development projects can be difficult, especially when there are both committed and shared resources.
- A SIPOC diagram is an effective tool for identifying all elements required for a process, but does not provide a useful tool to manage the process execution.
- By breaking a SIPOC into project phases, the SIPOC can be an effective project management tool.
Why too much branding distracts from your most valuable branding tool, your products:
- Over exposing your branding graphics can hurt you.
- Create a memorable impression.
- Your products and services and the way they are delivered are your most important way to represent your company.
Last fall, after practicing process and organizational improvement for more than twenty years, I passed my first certification exam from the American Society for Quality (ASQ). While I had been encouraged to get my Six Sigma Black Belt, I did not have the project affidavits. So, I perused the ASQ web site and chose the Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE). I did not choose it because it was the longest. I chose it because its body of knowledge appeared best aligned with mine.
- When you see or hear a new idea, don’t apply old rules to it
- Be creative regarding process improvement for using new technology
- Get varied opinions on new technology before making business decisions
Well its been a while since I’ve been on blogging. Holidays, kids and 60 hour work weeks......
- Small business is hard. How do you know you're prepared to be a small business owner, and how do you create a better stronger business?
- Make sure you are on the right path. Are you executing your passions? Is it easy to dedicate time to it? Do you have a plan? Do you believe in yourself and your vision?
- Build a system for success. Create a vision of the future. Build a repeatable system and execute well. Instrument for success. Improve what doesn't meet expectations. Maintain momentum.
Microsoft Outlook Add-In
Achieve greater focus by shifting your attention from e-mail to accomplishing what matters most!
Stay up to date with our newsletter!